The braising liquid in this Beef Cheeks recipe is infused with incredible flavour and when pureed, transforms into a thick, luscious gravy-like sauce.
- 2 brown onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 celery sticks
- 4 carrots
- 1 litre beef stock
- 3 cups red wine
- 4 beef cheeks
- Bunch of thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 heads of black garlic
- In a large stockpot of slow cooker, saute the onions, garlic and celery.
- Add carrots, stock and red wine to the pot and gently bring to the boil.
- Add the beef cheeks, cover and simmer for 6 hours at a low heat.
- Remove from heat and remove the beef cheeks, bay leaves and thyme from the pot, setting the cheeks aside.
- Add the garlic cloves to the stock, then blend into a sauce using a stick blender.
- Return the beef cheeks to the sauce and warm for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mash.
Recipes supplied by Deneil Fernandez, www.secretsuppers.com, @secretsuppers.