Pesto, cherry tomato and feta pasta
Recipe courtesy of Caroline Taylor - find more at www.creativefood.com.au
Ingredients for pesto
300g fresh basil
200g grated parmesan
200g softened, salted butter
150ml mild olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
2 cloves of garlic
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning to suit your palate.
- Can be stored in the fridge for two weeks, serve as a dip or mixed through pasta or risotto.
Ingredients for the pasta dish
4 serves of fresh pasta
200g Danish feta
Handful of fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil to garnish
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, nice, deep red colour
- Cook four serves of pasta in salted water and strain, set aside.
- Blister cherry tomatoes in a frypan with a bit of olive oil and sea salt, cook just enough to just break the skin while still keeping its form.
- Toss the cooked, warm pasta through a few tablespoons of room temperature pesto, or enough to thoroughly coat the pasta.
- Toss blistered cherry tomatoes through the past and crumble feta through and on top and serve 😊 Serve with fresh basil garnish and a gloop of extra virgin olive oil.